Master in Management and Leadership
The programme equips admitted students with knowledge, skills, and competencies required for a successful managerial career in the age of digital transformation, cultural and global change. Students enrolled in the Management and Leadership Master’s programme have solid and integrated professional knowledge in a broad field of management. The basic essentials of the program cover knowledge areas in quantitative decision making, operations management financial management, marketing, project management, business law and business analytics human resources and international strategy. In these fields students develop competencies of effective communication, working in teams, adopting international benchmarks, appreciating cultural differences and acting upon ethical principles of social and environmental sustainability. With their acquired knowledge, students are able to analyse, plan and manage the processes of the competitive and public sector organizations.
We consider our programme unique from the following two overarching points of view. The first is the integration of digital transformation and its implications for all of our courses. Secondly, we cannot imagine successful leadership without understanding cultural diversity, the essence of working in projects, and without balancing economic interests with the interest of social responsibility. Our aim is to transfer knowledge and experience through lectures, seminars, case studies and simulation exercises to work on. Invited experts also provide insights into the application of theory in several production, service and public sector institutions.
Programme Director: Prof. Dr. Tamás Koltai
Level of Studies: MSc
Mode of Studies: Full-time
Qualification: Economist, Specialisation in Management and Leadership
Duration of the Programme: 4 semesters
Language of Instruction: English
For the Fall semester: 1 April – 1 June
Tuition fee: €3,500/semester + Application fee: € 100
Here you can read the general conditions of admission into the Master in Management and Leadership.
Degree accepted for admittance into the Master in Management and Leadership:
BSc in Finance and Accounting or Business Administration or Management
Other degrees can also be considered with completion of a minimum of 60 ECTS credits from the following disciplines:
- 15 ECTS in Quantitative Studies (mathematics, statistics, computer science/programming);
- 10 ECTS in Economics (micro and macroeconomics, international economics, environmental economics, economics theory, economics statistics, economic modelling, economic policy, regional economics, European economy, public policy);
- 15 ECTS in Business and Management (business economics, accounting, controlling, human resources, business law, marketing, management and organization, production management, decision theory and methodology, business ethics, strategic planning, business communication);
- 10 ECTS in Social Sciences (International or European studies, general and business law, sociology, psychology, philosophy);
- 10 ECTS credits of Financial Knowledge (finance, money and capital market, banking, financial policy, taxation, corporate finance, corporate valuation)
Applicants can be admitted with 30 ECTS from the above listed disciplines on the condition that they collect the remaining 30 ECTS during the first year of their studies.
As part of the admission procedure, the Credit Transfer Committee examines whether the applicant has the pre-study credit value as defined above and in the regualtions (Act LXXX of 1993 on Higher Education).
Foreign Language Requirements
English language skills at B2 level, proven by one of the following internationally recognised certificates:
IELTS min. 5.0, Cambridge B2 First (FCE) min. 160, TOEFL iBT min. 72, Trinity Integrated Skills In English (ISE) min. ISE II, TOEIC Listening min. 400 / Reading min. 385, TOEIC Speaking min. 160 / Writing min. 150, Pearson Academic (PTE) min. 29, OR: a Medium of Instruction Certificate.
For more information please contact
Ms Anita Oláh, International Study Program Coordinator
phone: +36 1 463 1813
The course guide of the programme is available here:
Master in Management and Leadership Course Guide