Ph.D programme in Business and Management
The doctoral programme prepares candidates for conducting research in the area of management and business administration, as well as for applied and academic careers.
Our Ph.D. students are supervised across a set of specialties including:
Our Ph.D. candidates join a department related to their research area where they explore complex problems, including business, management, and social issues.
We welcome applicants who take their Ph.D. directly after graduation, but it is also possible to join the program with relevant business and/or academic experience.
The Ph.D. programme accepts students with a master degree from all domains of business and management master programs, such as marketing, management and leadership, finance, accounting, regional and environmental economics, international economics and business and business administration (MBA). Applicants holding a master degree in other areas (e.g. mathematics, physics, informatics, and different areas of engineering) can also be accepted after the special consideration of the management of the doctoral school.
Head of Doctoral School: Prof Dr. Tamás Koltai
Level of Studies: Ph.D.
Qualification: Ph.D. in Business and Management
Mode of Studies: Full-time
Duration of the programme: 8 semesters
Language of instruction: English
Deadline of application: 1st June (for the Fall Semester)
Tuition fee: €4500/semester
Application fee: €100
- A master degree certificate certifying that the student has successfully completed master level university studies and passed the final examination preferably with a qualification of ‘Merit’ or ‘Distinction’,
- Master degrees in Business Management, Management Science, Engineering Management and Business Economics are acceptable. Applications from other areas (e.g. mathematics, physics, informatics, and different areas of engineering) can be also accepted after the special consideration of the management of the doctoral school.
Foreign Language Requirements:
B2 level command of English: TOEFL iBt min 88, IELTS min 6.5, PTE Academic min 76 or Cambridge (FCE, CAE, CPE) min 180.
1) Professional CV
2) Copy of the document(s) certifying the required level of education (MA or MSc degree and the Transcript of Records)
3) Copy of Passport
4) Copy of language certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
5) Research plan
6) Documents proving previous professional or academic achievements ( publications)
7) Proof of payment of administrative fee
If you would like to study at Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) you have to fill in our online application form at https://e-admission.bme.hu
For more information please contact
Ms Anita Oláh, International Study Program Coordinator
phone: +36 1 463 1813
The Available Research Topics, the Rules of Procedure and the Training Plan of the Doctoral School is available HERE