Ph.D. Programme in Business and Management
- A master degree certificate certifying that the student has successfully completed master level university studies and passed the final examination preferably with a qualification of ‘Merit’ or ‘Distinction’,
- Master degrees in Business Management, Management Science, Engineering Management and Business Economics are acceptable. Applications from other areas (e.g. mathematics, physics, informatics, and different areas of engineering) can be also accepted after the special consideration of the management of the doctoral school.
Foreign Language Requirements:
B2 level command of English: a TOEFL iBT score of 88 and above, IELTS overall band 6.5 or above.
1) Professional CV
2) Copy of the document(s) certifying the required level of education (MA or MSc degree and the Transcript of Records)
3) Copy of Passport
4) Copy of language certificate (TOEFL or IELTS)
5) Research plan
6) Documents proving previous professional or academic achievements ( publications)
7) Proof of payment of administrative fee
If you would like to study at Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME) you have to fill in our online application form at
For more information please contact
Ms. Noémi Girst